Oak Island Fishing Pier 910.278.6464
WEEKLY FISHING REPORT – OAK ISLAND PIER – SUNDAY 6-21
Two nice citation Spanish were caught this week. Several nice black drum and sheepshead were caught during the week.
The Trout fishing continues to be great with limit catches in the mornings and a late afternoon bite.
Blues and Spanish have been plentiful all week, with Spanish doing especially well on stray rigs, and Gotcha plugs.
Preferred bottom bait is shrimp and squid, mud minnows for flounder, live shrimp for Trout.
Preferred fishing times- daylight to midmorning, clear water and tide changes.
Fishing Forecast- Continued improvement in the quantity and size of Kings, Spanish, Trout.
YBJAWS TIGER SHARK EXHIBIT
· 1,150 Pound Tiger Shark beach display, caught in June 1966 from the YAUPON BEACH PIER by Walter Maxwell.
· Walter Maxwell Memorial with photos and history of the NC State and word record Tiger Sharks he caught.
· Educational posters and displays provide information about sharks and other salt water fish caught on the NC coast.
· JAWS attacks and sinks a boat music and video.
· Swimming and feeding 1,000 lb. Tiger Shark video.
· Long Beach Pier photos and memorabilia.
· Photo Booth offers to take and email your photo with YBJAWS.